Tuesday, August 21, 2007

She Loves Me Like The Rain...

It was gently raining.
My love and I were taking shelter in a waiting shed,
my arms around her, her head on my shoulder.

She said,
"You know, I love you like the rain
loves the trees and the flowers."

"It doesn't care if some trees
are stronger and bigger than the others,
it also rains on the small and weak ones too."
Some bear useless fruits but they receive
the same nourishment from it."

"It matters not that some flowers are
prettier or some have petals more colorful
than most. Some are even poisonous
but it still gives them life."

"It just falls blindly, just like me."

I asked her what she meant.
She said, smiling,
"Silly, it means I love you just as you are."
And she snuggled closer, the rain a witness to her words.

No comments: