Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Bread Crumbs

***this one doesn't rhyme but it's one of my favorites***

my heart's a bakery out of business
with heartaches like moldy loaves of bread
overflowing it's chambers and shelves

you're curious like the proverbial cat
when you walked in, wandered, explored,
stealing every morning a single loaf

I warned you not to eat it and I was afraid
for there's no way you can take them all in
but you were deaf, or stupid, in love

it made me curious too so i followed you one day
and saw you on the park sitting on a bench
tossing bread crumbs for the birds

when my heart's chambers and shelves are empty
I thought you will not return again
but you came carrying a sign "BACK IN BUSINESS"

you nailed it on my heart with a smile
and gave me the recipes of lots of good things
about life...and love.

No comments: