Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Half Moon

pretty, pretty stars tonight join me in my flight
as i dance across the heavens on my dimmed half-light
no clouds to hide my longing of that which makes me whole
waiting for the moment your love would make me full
though hard they try to twinkle the best that they could do
pretty, pretty stars cannot measure up to you

lovely, lovely sea below a picture of pure calm
in contrast with the sorrow of a solitary palm
throws back a stranger's face that i suppose is me
without the other half of what i want to be
but calm or not, there's nothing that it could ever do
lovely, lovely sea below is not a match for you

lonely, lonely me walks by the heavens sad and dreaming
in awe with all I'm seeing but more with what I'm longing
these loving thoughts I whisper are truths that'll live for years
with prayers for directing their music to your ears
another night of wanting but nothing i could do
lonely, lonely me's not full without the love from you

No comments: